Argent Doublure

GroupsMFT
About AD
Set in a modern day world and based in France, Argent Doublure's world encompasses all sorts of preternatural races. You can be anything you want here; mermaid, fairy, werewolf, vampire, or your normal old human. The world has a silver lining, between the world of humanity and the world of fantasy. Most humans are completely unaware of the preternatural that live among us, but who knows.

Once you encounter the preternatural, you will never be the same. So which side of the silver lining will you side on? Unaware Bliss or Deadly Knowledge?

Here on Argent Doublure, you are welcome to create any type of character you want however you want. There is really no limit to your creativity here. Even your own made species can be used here if you wish. We are a character driven plot, with mini plots on the site, and are always looking to increase your development as a writer and as your character. If you have any questions, you can attack our cbox or join and PM the administration!

Argent Doublure is a no application, no word count, intermediate to advanced RPG. So once you join, have fun and relax! We welcome you to our community!
Credits!
Tabbed sidebar courtesy of kismet of rpg-d. Argent Doublure and its content belongs to Amianna and the community. All content by members is protected under Creative Commons usage. Do not plagiarize, copy or recreate our ideas, graphics or coding. Site Graphics by Amianna. Original image by Amianna. Site skin and mini profile by Skye at CC, Caution and Shine. Any and all creations of other lore is copyrighted to their rightful owners. This includes any content that possibly reflects our own created information, or other created characters (supernatural show species, vampire diaries species, etc...). AD will not be held liable for any content you bring onto the forum that infringes on someone elses' works. Custom stats field is copyrighted to SAINT MERC on Caution 2.0.
Staff
Amianna - Admin
Taiga - Admin

Announcements and Tagging Threads
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Waking Moments, with Deidra
♠Daniel Avery
 Posted: May 24 2014, 01:39 PM
Daniel Avery
Sleepwalking through it all
26 years old.
Cunning
Doctor.
Played by Wolfe.
Currently Offline
And I am now awake Uncontrolled and not ashamed When it washes over me I feel free
Awards: 4

So much to fight for,
so much to change

What happened? That was the first thought to surface as the darkness around him began to take form. Daniel craned his neck to the right, then to the left, trying to see. But the darkness was endless, weighted even. Where was he? Blinking his eyes when they began to burn, awareness began to come. He was underwater. How did he get there? Was he drowning? How could he be drowning if there was no pain to be felt in his lungs? Wouldn't they be burning?

The abyss that he'd somehow fallen into was endless and his limbs felt heavy. Had he been sedated? That caused him to frown. He needed to get to the surface. That thought caused an area above him to brighten. What the hell was going on? Was someone searching for him in whatever body of water he'd somehow sank into? Knowing there was only one way to find out, Daniel willed his limbs to move, trying to swim to the surface.

Trying to propel himself upward seemed a futile effort as something almost seemed to chain him to the invisible bottom of the oceanic depths. Now, as he struggled to get his head above water, he could feel the a burn starting his lungs, his body screaming for oxygen. So that was the end for him? It wasn't how he imagined he'd die, but perhaps it was best to just accept it. He'd done a lot of good in his life already, so he didn't regret that. But... his life couldn't be over. Not yet. Could it?

Daniel never found an answer as his body suddenly jolted into an upright sitting position, his mind crashing into true awareness. His hands and skin were clammy with perspiration as he drew in deep breaths. A nightmare? Momentary relief washed over him, but that was dulled by the realization that he wasn't in his home nor at the hospital. Where was he? And why was couldn't he remember getting there?

Immediately, he knew that something was wrong. He felt nauseated, the sudden assault of noise and scents washing over him making his head spin. Again, he wondered what the hell was going on. Closing his eyes and pressing a damp hand to his forehead, he tried to settle himself enough to try to recall what had happened. Unable to remain in that position for long as the sound of nearby movement caught his attention, the man opened his hazy blue eyes to investigate. Squinting a bit at the figure that appeared in his field of vision, he tried to determine who it was. "Deidra..? What happened? Where... are we?" he softly questioned, his voice scratchy and rough from disuse.

TAG: Deidra
NOTES: ---
PM
^
♠Deidra LaReaux
 Posted: May 26 2014, 12:31 AM
Deidra LaReaux
Her dirty paws and furry coat
27 years old.
Resourceful
Editor in Chief.
Played by Pandora.
Currently Offline
Can I for a moment be appallingly selfish and ask for you to save me?
Awards: 5

THE STORY OF THE BEAST WITH THOSE FOUR DIRTY PAWS
 photo cd40f1d1-ddb4-4acb-a993-37d700ce1b96_zps5aafbead.jpg
How had things gone so horribly wrong so fast? She was still not sure, and it was slowly driving her insane, lodging into the forefront of her mind like a splinter and infecting everything around it, infiltrating even the most harmless of thoughts and festering. She ran a hand over her eyes, pausing after the second pass to pitch the bridge of her nose with her fingers.

It had not been a full moon, nor had she had too much to drink. There had been no reason for her to lose it, and yet she could not remember anything from the time she entered the bathroom at the restaurant to a few hours later, just after midnight. Half of a night stolen from her, and when she came back around it was to the horrific discovery of a crime scene wrought by her own self. The culmination of her pent up frustration and jealousy, bottled up until it exploded, fueled by a simple moment of indulged vulnerability. She should not have let that happen.

She should have been paying more attention as she changed before her hunt, all those nights ago. God, that night felt like an eternity ago now. Maybe this was her proof that she really was not capable of leading her pack. If she could not keep one human out of danger, how was she supposed to do the same with a huge pack of werewolves?

No, that was utter nonsense. She repeated it over and over like a mantra as she got up from the kitchen table, abandoning the half empty bottle of alcohol to return to the guest bedroom she had lain Daniel in. She resituated her pullover back over her yoga pants before sitting down in the armchair right next to the bed and pulling her feet up into it. Wrapping her arms around her legs, she rested her chin on her knees and resolved herself to more waiting. She had no idea when he would wake up, no idea what to do when he did wake up.

She had fallen asleep, one hand slipping down to her foot and startling her awake just as Daniel sat straight up. In the haze of half-sleep Deidra quickly rubbed her eyes to get rid of the lingering sleep. When her vision was clear she leaned forward a little, hazel blue eyes trained on him to catch even the most miniscule of movements. At the sound of her name she visibly relaxed, shoulders dropping slightly as she murmured a quick Thank God. Her moment of relief was rather short-lived though, as he asked the dreaded question.

“Um, we’re in my pack’s chalet. Just outside of Annecy,”, chewing the inside of her cheek as she tried to figure out what to say. “Um…” She leaned further forward and brought her hands up to her knees. “What do you remember?”

D. Avery | 502 | Outfit | Huzzah okay so not that bad...
by stel
PM
^
♠Daniel Avery
 Posted: May 26 2014, 02:56 AM
Daniel Avery
26 years old.
Cunning
Doctor.
Played by Wolfe.
Currently Offline
And I am now awake Uncontrolled and not ashamed When it washes over me I feel free

So much to fight for,
so much to change
Realizing that he'd been having some sort of nightmare should have been utterly relieving to the doctor, and it was. Still, that did not make his confusion take pause nor did it explain why everything that was happening around him seemed to be amplified. What was happening to him? What... had happened to him? All he could remember was a vague inclination of the wilderness surrounding the area and then nothing. Had he decided to go hiking tonight? Was it even night time? Daniel couldn't deduce the time with the curtains in the room drawn, effectively blocking out any sunlight that existed beyond the polyester barriers. A new thought surfaced in his mind: was it even the same day? For how long had he been sleeping?

His voice sounded much too loudly in his ears when he spoke. It had nothing to do with his fast-paced breathing moments before nor had it anything to do with the moisture his sweat left against his skin. Could he have been suffering from some sort of a concussion then? It would have explained the nightmare he'd woken from perhaps as well as his apparent sensitivity to sound. Strangely enough, he had no headache and no further symptoms that may have suggested any physical harm had come to his person.

The noise that shot through his ears when Deidra spoke was alarmingly loud. Hazy blue eyes, which had grounded their gaze on the woman who seemed to have made herself comfortable in the chair beside him, searched her face for an answer to his yet unspoken questions. She was worried. Nervous. That was easy enough to deduce just from the look on the woman's face. But... there was something else. He could swear that he could smell it. Frowning at the thought, the man rationalized his worry, telling himself that his judgement was temporarily impaired before shoving his ideas to the depths of his mind.

Absorbing the words that the woman spoke despite his rampant running thoughts, confused curiosity registered upon the man's fair features. What did he remember? Alarm rushed through the man when he realized that he couldn't remember much of anything of the night. Nothing important at least. Had he been drugged? No... his senses were too sharp to have been drugged and poison would have surely killed him. "I remember leaving the hospital, bumping into you at the restaurant, leaving to walk my, uh, friend out to her taxi, then..." Daniel trailed off, a deep frown knitting his brow.

Flashes of what he presumed to have been the night before flickered in his mind as he eyes fell away from Deidra, gaze falling on the blanket covering the lower half of his body but not seeing it. What he saw instead was his memories. A quick movement caught by his peripheral version which turned out to be a wolf that he recognized all too well. There was some sort of chase, but the piece was hazy, his body too pumped up on adrenaline for his mind to register all of the details. Somehow the chase had led to the wilderness, trees and the thick smell of trees all around him. Pain. The next thing Daniel remembered was an extreme amount of pain and his failed attempt at speaking. What had he been trying to say? Details of what he wanted to say were lost to the doctor, instead focusing on the blood that was leaking from a certainly fatal wound at his chest that traveled to his navel. He'd known he would bleed out then, the last memory he had before waking moments earlier being that of the wolf that had been his end.

New understanding came to Daniel's mind. Injuries were no where to be found on his body which meant he had to have healed. Before the question of 'how' could fully form in his head, the doctor felt the answer hit him like a ton of bricks. He... was no longer human. Horror filled those blue eyes when they traveled to the werewolf responsible, mouth slightly agape. "Why?" The solitary word was a loaded question. Why had Deidra been out of control? Why had she been so far gone to have not recognized him? Why hadn't she just let him die as a human? Daniel's jaw clenched almost painfully as he ripped his gaze from the Alpha female and squeezed his eyes shut, willing himself to take a deep, calming breath. To his chagrin, the potent scents that filtered through his nostrils was only further proof of what he was, what he would be until his last breath.

Anger that threatened to cloud the rationality that had come back to him as he'd woken crept like fire through his veins. Being turned was not something he'd wanted. Sure, it might have been a cool thought for a foolish teenager, but he had never wished to be a part of the supernatural world in such a way. Just the mere knowledge of the creatures of myth truly existing had been enough for him. Now... how was he supposed to do his job? Being exposed to sources of stress all day would not be good for a raging wolf that would surely rattle its cage in an attempt to break free.

Telling himself that it wasn't the end of the word, Daniel ignored all of the strange scents that were in the vicinity of his enhanced sense of smell and took another deep breath. Everything would work out, and he would find a way to continue doing what he loved to do. "What happened to you?" the man questioned almost silently, wondering just what had managed to send someone who was usually so controlled into such a wild rage.

PM
^
♠Deidra LaReaux
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 11:01 PM
Deidra LaReaux
27 years old.
Resourceful
Editor in Chief.
Played by Pandora.
Currently Offline

It was not that she had attacked a human. Nor was it that she had bitten a human that was the problem. It was that she had attacked and bitten him. She had not meant to, by God that was the last thing she had ever wanted to do. But the wound had been so deep, and there had been so much blood. It seemed to happen so fast, and by the time she realized what she had done there had only been two options… Bite him, or let Daniel die. Neither option was acceptable, but it had been a split second decision on the lesser of two evils.

Maybe it had been a stupid choice, the wrong one, and maybe she should have let Death do its job. It had been a selfish decision, but maybe she was exactly that – selfish. As she watched him slowly regain his bearings, she remembered a quote she had read somewhere, not too terribly long ago. I desire the things which destroy me in the end. Deidra could not help the bitter smile, though it was more of a grimace that she just narrowly managed to mask before he turned his eyes on her. She had shifted so that her legs were crossed, her hands resting in her lap. She fiddled with her nails as she watched him, anxious about his reaction.

One corner of her lip curled in a sort of wry smirk at his choice of words. His…friend…had been a thorn in her side since she had first caught her scent. Deidra tried her best to quench the violent flare of jealousy, and as he fell silent she look away, unable to watch as memory returned and he realized what she had done. It was almost as if she could feel him frowning in her direction, and the weight of his gaze shifting away from her and to the blanket she had covered him with two nights ago. Even if he happened not to remember everything, he could easily put two and two together.

She knew the moment he realized. It was the change in his scent, but it still gave her no warning for the look he gave her. The accusation and dread in his gaze, and she flinched at his heavy, two-edged question. Why? Why had she insisted on knowing this one human? Why had she not just written him off like she did the rest of them? Why did icy fear and white hot envy shoot through her whenever she saw her heard mention of her? Why could she not just leave well enough alone? Why indeed.

She could feel him tear his gaze from her, unable to look at her, and at the fury rolling off of him she bit her lip hard enough to taste blood. She did not say anything though, waiting for him to calm down or rage or even yell at her. In fact she would have preferred he yell, wished he would. Anger was much easier to face, instead of the awful feeling of knowing that she ruined him, and that he knew it too.

He didn’t though. Instead he just asked that one simple question that in reality was more complicated than she could have anticipated. She was not even sure he asked, his voice was so hushed, and were it not for her acute hearing she would have missed it entirely. But of course she heard him; she was a werewolf, and her ears heard everything. She couldn’t answer right away. “I don’t know, Daniel. I really don’t. It had been a bad day at work…and the pack meeting didn’t go well. It was too much to handle. I didn’t even intend to go near that restaurant, and how was I supposed to know you and your…friend…would even be there at the same time?”

She swallowed and picked at her nails some more. “It shouldn’t have happened – I just lost it. I didn’t even know you were following me – why did you follow me? I had no idea it was you, what I was doing until I changed back. There was no time to get you to the hospital. Or anywhere. And you had already lost so much blood…” Deidra looked at him then, her eyes stormy and churning. “I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t just let you die though.” She couldn’t hold her gaze on him for long, and when she looked down at her hands her expression was full of self-loathing and remorse. They may not have been paws now, but they had been and they had almost killed him. And then she turned around and took his life in an entirely different way. The laugh that escaped was dark and without humor.

“I really made a mess of things,” she declared, running a hand over her face and pinching the bridge of her nose. “I’m sorry. God I'm so, so sorry”

D. Avery | 828 | Outfit | It's big and not my best I don't think, omg sorry ^^"
by stel
PM
^
♠Daniel Avery
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 02:10 PM
Daniel Avery
26 years old.
Cunning
Doctor.
Played by Wolfe.
Currently Offline

So much to fight for,
so much to change
Whoever said silence was deafening had been right on the money. Lost to his own revelations about what had transpired when he was last awake, it was somewhat unsettling that Deidra said nothing else. She'd asked what he'd remembered... so it did make sense that she knew what his memories might tell him. Obviously she had to have been there when everything happened, else he would never have found himself knocking on death's door to begin with. But that did not mean she had to remain silent.

It was bad enough that he had come to the realization that he was now a werewolf, but it was worse still when he could feel the beast pacing inside of him. It wanted to be let free, and the anger that shot through him was more of the beast than himself. It was disturbing to say the least. How was he supposed to keep a grip in the outside world when he'd nearly lost it while merely sitting and discovering the aftermath of what had happened to him? Daniel accepted the fact, then and there, that his career was probably over. His life in ruins. Was it possible to begin anew?

As things were, Daniel didn't think so. Maybe getting Deidra to actually say something might help him to glean something more. When she still kept quiet, he felt a new rush of anger in him, his patience fickle at best. He needed to pull it together. Ignoring the wolf that was raging inside was the only way he would be able to do that, but the beast wasn't going to make it an easy task it seemed. Retreating into his own mind for a few precious moments, the doctor managed to calm himself enough to not lash out. That wasn't what he needed to be doing. He needed to be trying to find answers.

Figuring it might be best to start with what had gotten under Deidra's skin to begin with, he decided to ask his next question.What exactly had happened to her? In a supernatural world, anything was possible after all. Tempering his irritation to a manageable level, Daniel kept himself as calm as possible. It seemed like hours before the woman's voice filtered through his ears, a slight pounding in his skull as a headache began to form; he had yet to adjust to the intensity of his heightened sense of hearing.

Despite the struggles Daniel already knew he would have to face, he steered his mind away from that, instead paying attention to what the woman beside him had to say. As a doctor, it wasn't hard to understand how a terrible day of work could influence the flow of a meeting, which would just further dampen a mood. But... how could a werewolf not notice two familiar scents in such close proximity? It wasn't as though Daniel went out of his way to try masking his scent, and he hadn't hidden his lady friend from Deidra. Perhaps... he should have. "How does an Alpha miss the scent of someone they've been around for so long?" the question slipped on a low growl. Daniel still was not able to keep a vice hold on his volatile wolf half given his recent turning.

Averting his gaze from the woman yet again, Daniel tried yet again to quiet the bestial part of him that wanted nothing more than to be set free. It was clear that its instincts were doing its work to cloud the doctor's usual patient composure and there was nothing he could really do to prevent it. Irritation at himself was beginning to build within the man, and it was not helping him any with keeping his head cool. Hearing Deidra's words, though, was a small distraction. Which grew when he thought about the question she'd asked him. Why had he followed her? Vague memories of a need to make sure she didn't do anything stupid surfaced. He'd followed because he wanted to be sure she didn't expose herself to anyone, to be sure she was still ok when she finally snapped back to her senses. A costly mistake, but one he found himself not regretting.

Keeping silent, the man moved his gaze to the woman in time to catch her eyes. The guilt and sorrow that reflected in the depths of those gleaming gems was enough to cause a wave of fresh understanding to wash over the newly turned lycan. There hadn't been a choice in what she did, whether he lived or died not even a decision. If he were to put himself in her shoes, he knew he wouldn't have been able to let her die. Even if the alternative was forcing something like lycanthropy on her, it was still better than watching as death took her life.

Zoning back in at the woman's humorless laugh, Daniel weighed his options on what to do. One of the obvious choices was just leaving and saving himself from the rollercoaster ride that would follow if he stayed, but that was the easy way out. Surely, he was able to understand her reasoning in changing him but that didn't stop the fact that he still blamed her. It was intentional, but he simply couldn't shake the feeling. Still, staying would mean he would have the chance to face down those feelings and resolve them. Not an easy task in light of everything that had happened and everything that had yet to be addressed. But... it was better in the long term, right?

Body seeming to move on its own, Daniel found himself taking Deidra's free hand in one of his own, thumb brushing along the backside of her hand. "Deidra, look at me," it was a soft command, stated for a simple purpose; he wanted her to see that he was sincerely trying. "Part of me isn't ready to forgive you because that part is scared as hell," he spoke only when he held the woman's gaze. Turning his body, his other hand moved to touch the woman's cheek, ensuring he still had her attention. "But you're still someone I care about, and that means I'll be okay. It'll take some time, but I'll be okay. We'll be okay." Daniel clarified, knowing that the space in their closeness wouldn't remain forever. "Besides... you're obligated to show me the ropes now so I'm stuck with you." The attempt at joking showed he was determined to get over things, but there was still a lot of work to be done yet.

NOTES: Don't worry, it was fine!
PM
^
♠Deidra LaReaux
 Posted: Jun 11 2014, 10:29 PM
Deidra LaReaux
27 years old.
Resourceful
Editor in Chief.
Played by Pandora.
Currently Offline

Deidra had no idea what he was feeling. Having been born a werewolf, there was no way she could understand how it felt to be bitten and turned and to realize you were no longer human. She never had to wrestle with her wolf in the way Turned werewolves did, the way Daniel now had to. But then… That was where the problem began. Because she could feel it. She could feel his despair at the reality that he was no longer human and his life was no longer normal and would never be the same. She could feel his wolf fighting to get out, could feel him trying to adjust to having another entity inhabiting him and struggling to keep the beast under control. She already knew he was angry, made worse by the real fact that she could feel that anger like a white hot fire eating its way through her. Anger at this cruel twist of fate, anger at her. She already knew this, but being able to feel it herself was a harsh blow that left her sick to her stomach.

Of course it wouldn’t be his revulsion that he was – in all sense – a monster now. It would be the very real possibility that he hated her. It was a possibility that absolutely terrified her more than it should.

She had far surpassed her stress tolerance and level of patience, and was far more frustrated than she had been to date, that was no lie. But what she had not mentioned was how the wild jealousy had completely overwhelmed her and pushed her off of the edge. How could she? How could she tell him that seeing him with someone else had been the driving force behind her blind frenzy? There was no way she could explain why she had been so jealous of a female that was the same species as he and would be good for him? It didn’t even make sense to her. And what did it even say about her?

Deidra expected his next question, had asked herself the same one the entire time as she waited for him to wake up. As an Alpha she had the most acute senses compared to other wolves. So how in the world had she not been able to recognize Daniel and his friend until she was literally in front of them? They had not been downwind from her or in her blind spot, so what had caused her guard to be so low and her senses to be so dulled? Had she truly been already overwhelmed by the day’s events before then? She flinched anyway and then stiffened a little, not only at the question finally vocalized but at the way it was asked. His tone was accusatory and underneath that annoyed, his voice low with anger and the words punctuated on a growl. She did not look back at him, but could feel the heat of his gaze as he looked away from her again, leaving her chilled. “I have no idea how I missed your scent. It makes no sense,” she answered, her voice quiet with her shame. If she didn’t know why she had missed their scents, how could she be certain that it didn’t happen again? He fell quiet, and was silent for so long that she began to worry. She may have been able to feel his emotions, but she had no idea what he was thinking. It frightened her more than it should have. Deidra LaReaux rarely ever cared what others thought about her – why did she care so much now? When he finally responded, she expected him to still yell at her – she wouldn’t stop him, he had very good reason to and she more than deserved it. Instead she was astonished to feel his hand taking hers and the shiver that ran through her. She didn’t look up at first, but she could not resist his touch and coaxing tone; gradually she pulled her other hand from her face and looked up at him.

She watched his face as he spoke, searching them for any hint of anger or exasperation and biting her lip when she found none. On impulse and instinct her head tilted into the feather touch of his hand at her cheek. “You don’t have to forgive me, Daniel,” she murmured, although her voice held less self-directed mockery and more conviction. “You have every right not to, and I don’t blame you one bit.” She couldn’t admit she was just as scared, and very worried. What were they supposed to do now? Deidra didn’t share the same confidence he had, but she tried to smile anyway if only for his benefit. His attempt to make light of the situation brought a more genuine smile to her face, even though it fell shortly after as she pursed her lips. For someone who intended to lead her pack she felt pretty unprepared for the task at hand. “Okay, well… since you’re so ‘stuck’ with me,” she said, a hint of her familiar half smirk returning, “we’ll take it one step at a time. Baby steps I suppose.”

D. Avery | 863 | Outfit | Yay for lengthy rambly feels?! :D
by stel
PM
^
♠Daniel Avery
 Posted: Jun 15 2014, 12:43 AM
Daniel Avery
26 years old.
Cunning
Doctor.
Played by Wolfe.
Currently Offline

So much to fight for,
so much to change
A large part of him dreaded whatever Deidra had to say in response to his question of how she’d somehow managed to miss the fact that he and his date were enjoying a night out at the restaurant she just so happened to visit. Was it even possible for an Alpha werewolf to zone out so much that they lost their sense of the world around them? What the hell would have had to have happened for such an oversight to occur? So, yes, Daniel had asked the question but he didn’t really want to know that answer. He knew, deep down, that no answer she could have given would have justified her actions in his eyes. It… was kind of petrifying how much rage he felt swell up in him at the very thought.

What the woman actually said, sent the wolf part of him into a bloodthirsty frenzy. How could she not know? Did she truly have no better explanation to what caused her violence? “What kind of an answer is that?!” he was yelling, but he didn’t care as he demanded a better answer. Because, God, she couldn’t be serious. Could she? Taking pause for a few moments to assess the woman that had done this to him, Daniel could feel his human side slipping further and further out of control. “Get a grip,” he told himself. Letting his wolf have its way wasn’t going to make this situation any better, even as the beast thrashed against the chains of his control until they nearly broke. Running a hand over his forehead and back through his hair, he took a breath. This was going to be more than difficult to cope with, Daniel knew. How was he supposed to survive like this? Sure, he’d known about the supernatural world since he was a boy, but that had done nothing to prepare him for the toils that came with being a werewolf.

Volatile and out of control… he could feel it in every pull the animal inside of him made in an attempt to break free that that was what he was becoming. The notion that he would possibly kill someone terrified him. It was his biggest fear, in fact. As a doctor he’d made his life’s goal to save as many other lives as he possibly could. While he would feel grief when he lost a patient to the grip of death, he knew every time that he did everything that he possibly could to prevent it. Actually being the cause of someone’s death… that was a different monster entirely. Daniel didn’t know how he would be able to live with himself if ever he took a life. The only exception would be in self-defense or if he were protecting an innocent life. Otherwise, Daniel knew that he would never be able to forgive the sin.

Focus. He had to focus on the present. It was imperative that he pay attention because, he found, that it was easier to ignore the wolf inside when there was an external force anchoring him. In this moment, it was getting answers from Deidra. Frustration and annoyance rose in him in large part to the feral creature that was now a part of him when it seemed that asking questions was getting him absolutely nowhere. Nowhere but angry. Knowing he needed to calm down, Daniel guided his thoughts to something peaceful. A time that he would always remember. It was after he’d been saved by the woman that introduced him to the supernatural world. She’d taken him to a meadow and they’d just talked for the whole afternoon. It was one of his favorite memories.

The silence had stretched on long enough by the time the doctor had managed to quell that ever so fiery rage in him. For the moment, he was at ease, unable to feel the protests of an animal aching to break free of its bindings. Somehow, he needed to find the strength to overcome this new obstacle. Somehow… he had to learn to live with what he was. The first step was trying to make things right with Deidra, wasn’t it? Touching her was almost calming, even though he was hesitant to do much more than he was now; as a werewolf he would have superhuman strength and he didn’t know the limits of it yet.

Brushing his thumb lightly against the woman’s cheek when she leaned into his touch he shook his slightly at her words. “You’re wrong. I do have to forgive you, not now but at some point. You’re my mentor and more than that, a close friend.” He’d felt abandoned too many times in his life to want to lose someone else. If he could help it, he wouldn’t let go of anyone he cared about. “I’ve already lost myself.” Daniel let those words sink in, not only for Deidra but for himself. It was true, he was lost and he had no idea how to find himself. Not yet anyway. “No matter what you did…I can’t lose you too.” Losing her when he was in such a state would break him completely, of that he was certain.

But at least she tried to smile. A feat that worked a little bit better after he attempted his joke. It was a long, hard road that was ahead of them, but he was confident that it was possible to come out alright. Not unscathed, but alright. “Deal, baby steps it is,” he agreed with a hint of a smile ghosting over his lips. ”I’m… going to take a shower. I think I can find my way well enough,” Daniel informed moments later. In a move that even surprised him, he leaned forward to press to his lips against Deidra’s forehead. It was a gesture of affection that Daniel didn’t think himself capable of with the current state of things… but… he also hadn’t expected himself to be able to find his composure among all of his anger.

”You don’t mind whipping up some coffee and a small bite to eat, do you?” Daniel asked after he’d shaken himself from his thoughts and stood up. It felt weird to be standing again after so long, but the doctor adjusted, stretching a little to get his blood flowing adequately. Turning his gaze back to the Alpha female, he awaited her answer. He’d understand if she wanted to sleep because it didn’t look like she’d been doing much of that now that he was really studying her in a calm state of mind.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by analeigh of caution, roux, and shine!

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism ToolRPG-DRuby Wings Listings
Art of Deception Lochland Grove