Argent Doublure

GroupsMFT
About AD
Set in a modern day world and based in France, Argent Doublure's world encompasses all sorts of preternatural races. You can be anything you want here; mermaid, fairy, werewolf, vampire, or your normal old human. The world has a silver lining, between the world of humanity and the world of fantasy. Most humans are completely unaware of the preternatural that live among us, but who knows.

Once you encounter the preternatural, you will never be the same. So which side of the silver lining will you side on? Unaware Bliss or Deadly Knowledge?

Here on Argent Doublure, you are welcome to create any type of character you want however you want. There is really no limit to your creativity here. Even your own made species can be used here if you wish. We are a character driven plot, with mini plots on the site, and are always looking to increase your development as a writer and as your character. If you have any questions, you can attack our cbox or join and PM the administration!

Argent Doublure is a no application, no word count, intermediate to advanced RPG. So once you join, have fun and relax! We welcome you to our community!
Credits!
Tabbed sidebar courtesy of kismet of rpg-d. Argent Doublure and its content belongs to Amianna and the community. All content by members is protected under Creative Commons usage. Do not plagiarize, copy or recreate our ideas, graphics or coding. Site Graphics by Amianna. Original image by Amianna. Site skin and mini profile by Skye at CC, Caution and Shine. Any and all creations of other lore is copyrighted to their rightful owners. This includes any content that possibly reflects our own created information, or other created characters (supernatural show species, vampire diaries species, etc...). AD will not be held liable for any content you bring onto the forum that infringes on someone elses' works. Custom stats field is copyrighted to SAINT MERC on Caution 2.0.
Staff
Amianna - Admin
Taiga - Admin

Announcements and Tagging Threads
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Stepping Stones, Open
♥Cornelius Chambers
 Posted: Jun 15 2014, 01:36 AM
Cornelius Chambers
N/A
28 years old.
Heartless
Real Estate Broker.
Played by Wolfe.
Currently Offline
N/A
Awards: 2

LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
BIT BY BIT, TORN APART, WE ALL FALL DOWN
She was late. Cornelius checked his watch for the second time since he'd been sitting at the small cafe'. How difficult was it to arrive at a meeting on time? Clearly he was due to fire his pesky assistant if she could not make it to a coffee shop to meet her boss. An ample amount of time had been allowed for her to step inside before she'd annoyed him, but his good grace had been taken for granted. How preposterous.

Leaving his table in favor of ordering himself a coffee and a bagel as he continued to wait for the arrival of his belated assistant, the real estate broker weighed his options. He was more than capable of managing without any additional help, but it would make his quest to return himself to his former, powerful, glory that much more difficult. Without his magic, it was frustratingly difficult to track down the creature responsible for rendering him powerless.

In his current state, he would be no match for such a wretched thing at any rate, a fact that agitated him like nothing else. How could he have been so careless in the first place? It was unlike him to have his guard down, and even less likely that he would have been taken unaware. He'd been one of the most powerful wizards that the realm had seen. Reduced to nothing more than a mere human, it was humiliating.

Displacing his thoughts as he approached the counter to place his order, he eyed the female to whom he was to speak. "I'll have a chonga bagel and a medium dark roast coffee. Light cream, hold the sugar." Standing off to the side as was only appropriate so that the next person in line might order, he caught something out of the corner of his eye. One of the patrons had dropped something. Normally, Cornelius would have not cared about something so trivial, but he needed something to occupy his mind instead of how many ways he could skewer his ever absent assistant.

Bending down to retrieve what he recognized as a few bill wrapped in a receipt after traveling a short distance, he straightened his back, and "I believe you dropped this," his voice was kind as he spoke to the stranger he had yet to study in detail, manipulation an art he had long since mastered.

TAG: Open | WORDS: 398 | NOTES: ---
PM
^
♠Rune Solomon
 Posted: Jun 15 2014, 12:18 PM
Rune Solomon
Ready for Some Exams!
18 years old.
Nerdy Nerd McNerdinson
Student.
Played by Clarent.
Currently Offline
N/A
Awards: 3

As Rune entered the coffee shop, he signed in relief as he smelt the aroma of roasted beans fill his sinuses as he took a deep breath in and out. Ahhhhh coffee. A modicum of sanity during this strange endeavor of his was really something he could appreciate. He stepped into the line in front of the bar and sighed, tucking his book under his arm. Now if he could just get some of that sweet sweet caffeine and something to eat, maybe he would stop feeling a sensation a kin to something writhing under his skin.

As he stepped forward to order his drink from the barista, panic swept through him as he felt the book shift in his hands before tumbling onto the floor. Please don't fall open please don't fall open please don't fall open! Mercifully, the book fell still closed, and the cover hidden by the plastic cover he kept it in. As a well dressed man reached down to pick it up before handing it to him, the blond in his school uniform sighed in relief. "Thank you, sir." He said as he took the book from his hand and tucked it once again under his arm before ordering a cup of coffee and a croissant.

The book in question was not something he wanted some random person to read, as it more or less has had a history of kind of sort of... driving people to madness. Gripping the copy of the blasphemous play a bit tighter, he moved out of the way of the other customers ordering coffee an moved next to the man who had handed him the book. "Thanks again. Would be in quite a spot if I lost this." He said as he got the urge to just finish reading the book now so he could put it away. The text, while dangerous to normal minds, was only quite unsettling for Rune thanks to the other occupant in his head. He buried the urge as he realized he had felt a surge of that unspeakable being twist in his head. He could wait. He had a while to learn more of the monster inside of him.

Anyone the slightest bit magically sensitive would have noticed the energy writhing unnaturally within Rune, as well as the sense of fundamental wrongness to it. Rune was pretty sure it would be fine though as the old one's stirring waned off, going dormant once more. Not too many people with knowledge of more than the mundane were around at any given time, and he doubted that would ultimately net him any real trouble. Might cause someone to walk to the other side of the street to avoid him though...

--------------------
Rune's Theme: Ibitsu Naru Shinen Sono na ha Mao - Bravely Default OST
The Yellow Harbinger's Theme: Wicked Thing - Bravely Default OST
Rune Versus The Yellow Harbinger: I'll Face Myself (-Battle-) - Persona 4 -Reincarnation- OST
Versus Rune: Surge of Power! - Megaman Battle Network 6 OST
Versus The Yellow Harbinger: Fighting to the End - Bravely Default OST
PM
^
♠Veronica D'Cruz
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 02:40 AM
Veronica D'Cruz
Bringer of Discord and Vice
516 years old.
Ambitious
Diplomat/Operative.
Played by Frost.
Currently Offline
"You still don't see the bigger picture, do you? Your death does not simply sustain me. Blood is the oil of the cosmos, and I am the teeth of the Gods."
Awards: 4

Veronica's limousine was parked a distance away, on the riverside waterfront of the Quai Saint-Vincent. The sun was slowly setting over Lyon, and its rays would still be strong enough to scorch the vampire's flesh were she standing outside. This vehicle, however - just one of the collection of cars Veronica had brought to France from Mexico - was fitted with necro-tempered glass, engineered to filter out the wavelengths of sunlight which were harmful to her kind. The glass had been costly to develop in terms of time and resources, not to mention the scientists and engineers who had needed to be brought "into the loop" of preternatural existence in order to make it happen, but to this day Veronica considered it a worthwhile investment. If nothing else, it allowed her to enjoy watching the sunset from the back seat of this car.

Next to her on the seat, a tablet computer sat with an open web browser, showing the website of one of France's most successful real estate brokers. Veronica was aware that in order to establish a foothold in this country she had need of properties, primarily in her chosen city of Paris, but having a few retreats in other areas would be of immense use to her. She glanced at the screen again, looking at the name of the man whom she intended to deal with. Cornelius Chambers. His professional reputation was golden, though occasional stories seemed to circulate about those who had crossed his path and come of far worse for it. He was evidently a man of considerable pride and ambition, and very little in the way of ethics. Veronica had plenty of experience dealing with those kinds of personalities; for the past five centuries, men and women like that had been her only peers.

Reaching into her purse, she retrieved her phone and began to key in the business contact number listed on the website. As the sun finally dipped below the horizon, her driver stepped out and opened the passenger door for her. Veronica emerged from the limousine, enjoying the warm night air of Lyon upon her face. It did not matter if Chambers' secretary was the one to answer the call; the camazotz knew that she would very swiftly be in touch with the man himself. This city was where his company offices were listed, and she intended to procure an appointment tonight. Raising the phone to her ear, she tapped the call button and waited for it to ring.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
♥Cornelius Chambers
 Posted: Jun 27 2014, 02:15 PM
Cornelius Chambers
N/A
28 years old.
Heartless
Real Estate Broker.
Played by Wolfe.
Currently Offline
N/A
Awards: 2

LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
BIT BY BIT, TORN APART, WE ALL FALL DOWN
The young man who'd dropped his book seemed... different. Had he not been who he was, he may have just taken it for the young man having some sort of social challenge, but Cornelius had not attained his previous level of power by not knowing when there was magic nearby. He'd learned plenty of methods to detect other magicians and witches, as well as other preternatural beings. "Of course, it's no problem," the man nodded slightly, a touch of a smile rising to his face.

Certainly, he could tell that the young had a magical essence to him, but, he held the inkling that it was not his own. Being able to see the front cover of the book the boy carried about, he recognized it. As a boy, he'd been interested in everything that had to do with magic, and he'd studied. While not quite sure of the contents of the stranger's book, he knew that it was something to do with the supernatural. And likely gave the boy power. "A family heirloom? I can only imagine how important it would be to you then," he replied to the second round of thanks.

Before he had the chance to say anything else, his buzzing cell phone caught his attention. Hopefully it was his secretary calling to apologize for her tardiness and inform him that she was close. Unfortunately, he would have no such luck. The number was not one he recognized, but he was at the cafe' for business. Why not take a business call while he waited for his secretary's arrival? "Have a good one, and keep up with your book," Cornelius nodded to the young man before moving a few steps away to answer his phone. "Cornelius Chambers, what can I do for you?" he informed, obviously interested in who was calling him. Considering he didn't know the number, most likely a client.

TAG: Rune and Veronica | WORDS: 316 | NOTES: Sorry posting took so long!
PM
^
♠Veronica D'Cruz
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 05:02 PM
Veronica D'Cruz
Bringer of Discord and Vice
516 years old.
Ambitious
Diplomat/Operative.
Played by Frost.
Currently Offline
"You still don't see the bigger picture, do you? Your death does not simply sustain me. Blood is the oil of the cosmos, and I am the teeth of the Gods."
Awards: 4

Cornelius' voice could be heard as he answered the call, and Veronica continued to gaze out over the sluggishly-flowing river as she spoke;

"Good evening, Mister Chambers. My name is Veronica D'Cruz. I am currently seeking to purchase properties in a number of locations throughout this country, and after searching through an extensive number of brokers, I came to the decision that you may be the one that is best positioned to help me."

On this occasion, she made no effort to dampen the Spanish accent in her voice, nor to play down the well-trained courtly speech mannerisms which hinted at a very expensive education. The first few moments of any business interaction could be crucial in establishing a pattern for future relations, and right now what Veronica wanted to draw attention to was the fact that she was both wealthy and foreign to this place. In her experience, few things would catch the attention of a business operator quite like the prospect of serious money from abroad.

"Now I am informed that your company is based in Lyon, and fortuitously I happen to be in this very city at the moment. If possible, I would like to set up an appointment with you this evening. I lead something of a busy schedule, so I hope that you are willing to accommodate me in this regard. I would hate to have to look elsewhere, given the very encouraging things that I have heard about your professional capability."
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by analeigh of caution, roux, and shine!

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism ToolRPG-DRuby Wings Listings
Art of Deception Lochland Grove